Our Transform events cover a multitude of subjects and take place in a variety of locations across Cornwall. Details of upcoming workshops are below – Are you interested in attending one of the following events? Book your place via Eventbrite now.
1st: Fast Track Digital Marketing | St Ives [FULLY BOOKED]
2nd: Practical Strategic Planning | St Ives [FULLY BOOKED]
10th: Marketing for Success | Falmouth
15th: The Art of Courageous Conversations | Falmouth
16th: Practical Strategic Planning | Falmouth
22nd: Financial Tools | Falmouth
23rd: Fast Track Digital Marketing | Falmouth
With consumers having ever-shorter attention spans, does your business stand out from the crowd?
You may be proud of the product or service your business offers, but if the message isn’t getting through to your target audience you could be missing out on substantial sales.
This interactive half-day workshop delivered by Martin Williams and Angela Hsiao will help you develop a strategic marketing plan that ensures you’re communicating to the right people, through the right channels, using the right message.
This session will empower you to:
- Explain your compelling, value-driven proposition in a way customers will resonate with
- Gain a new perspective on your customers’ likes and behaviours
- Understand how and why you stand out from the competition
- Understand the importance of your brand
Do you have a proper grasp of your business’ finances?
Taking a pro-active role in managing cash flow could help you grow your business’ profits and make the world of difference to your bottom line.
This session will empower you to:
- Dispel the myths / fears around business finance
- Approach pricing and how it impacts your profits
- Understand the importance of forecasting
- Investigate cloud software / tools to help you better manage your business
Have you considered the direction of your business and the goals and steps required to get there? Do you have tangible indicators to help measure your success as you grow? Your vision remains a priority, but are there any threats to your plan?
This practical and interactive workshop will leave you with a robust overview of your business and action plan, ready to move forward.
The session delivered by Andrew Upton will include:
- Setting the vision, mission and aims for your business
- Developing actions and targets
- Planning strategic objectives with specific actions and key performance indicators with timescales
- Understanding the strengths and gaps within your business
- Adding proven strategy process to your toolbox to be used again and again
The future success of your business is dependent on your ability to lead and manage effectively.
Whether you’re a sole trader or employ a team of people, this interactive workshop will give you the opportunity to invest in your personal development around leadership – and explore the positive impact your role as an effective leader and manager can have on your business as a whole.
The session will provide you with the tools to build and inspire a team that’s working at the top of its game.
- Understand the key differences between leadership and management
- Identify what good leadership and management looks like for your business by working with proven models and tools
- Get the best out of new and existing members of your team
- Formulate a tangible action plan that you can implement in your business straight away
Great coaching is a skill set and strong form of communication, can have a strong impact on your team, and is now widespread amongst successful leaders in commercial and social enterprises of all sizes.
Coaching is about action and is designed to empower the individual to understand their potential and to identify how they can achieve it. Coaching encourages the creation of goals which can then be broken down in to manageable, measurable steps. The coach and learner collaborate to set out and achieve key objectives, taking into account the needs of the organisation as well as the experience, maturity, knowledge and aspirations of the individual. A great coach knows when to support and when to stretch, when to challenge and when to guide.
This session delivered by Matthew Porter will empower you to:
- Understand the impact you can have by coaching your team
- Use basic coaching skills to engage in coaching conversation
- Use a proven and systematic approach to coaching conversations
- Identify what works well for you in coaching conversations
- Coach in the moment in day to day work interactions in important working relationships
- Access appropriate resources to continue learning about effective coaching
This session is a follow up course to the “Marketing for Success” workshop and led by Angela Hsiao.
In today’s digital world, having an online presence is crucial for business success, especially if you are trying to grow. It can speed up your ability to gain awareness and generate sales. The challenge lies where there are many elements making up digital marketing, how do business owners prioritise their time?
This interactive workshop is designed to help you put together a digital marketing plan which works for you. The course will fast track your understanding of different digital marketing techniques including an introduction to:
- Getting the most out of your website
- Online advertising
- Social Content
- Digital measurement
By the end of this session, you will have:
- Knowledge of some basic digital jargon
- An understanding of different channels and formats and their role within digital marketing
- Some tools to help you plan your digital marketing campaign
- A digital marketing plan framework
Are there any unresolved issues currently affecting your working relationships or business growth? Have you been postponing a difficult conversation with a member of your staff, partner or a stakeholder, worrying about the consequences and impact it may have on your business?
This interactive workshop will help you develop tools to move forward and address challenging situations in a calm and professional way. Showing strong leadership, you will learn how to regain control by defusing sensitive issues and situations using a positive and calm approach.
This session led by Beverley Warne, will empower you to:
- Identify situations that require a courageous conversation
- Understand the impact you can have by holding a conversation
- Develop a response in line with your company values
- Model the way and encourage others to have courageous conversations
- Be empowered and more confident when facing challenges
As the offer of products and services seem to be ever growing, capturing clients’ attention and converting them to return to your business is becoming increasing challenging.
Equally, convincing another supplier to choose you over a competitor and keeping its custom could make a significative difference to your turnover and profit margin. How to then best present your offer and stand out from the crowd?
This practical workshop is designed to help you win new business by making sure your pitch meets and exceeds your clients or a potential partner’s expectations.
You will learn techniques and strategies that help you understand your clients’ psychology and present your services and products as the most suitable solution to their needs. It will help you build confidence in presenting and ensuring the structure and the method of pitching gets all of the relevant points (your clients want) to allow them to make the best decisions.
By the end of this session led by Will Cairley, you will have:
- Identified your current offer strength and uniqueness
- A formed structure and method of pitching
- Identified your clients and partner’s expectations
All the latest news for Cornish businesses delivered to your inbox once a month.